Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
Responsible to create estimate files based on various requests from clients and internal sources. Work with the Project Teams to determine requirements and quantify costs, prepare execution requirements for schedule input and overall project strategy
Reports to: Manager, Project Controls & Site Administration
- Responsible to ensure that proposal requests are within the organizations experience, knowledge and core competencies.
- Responsible for the preparation of estimates and proposals, accurately calculating costs required to complete a project and qualifying estimate classifications in each proposal.
- Responsible for accurately calculating and quantifying materials, sourcing of materials, equipment and labour costs required to complete a project within the parameters of the contract specifications.
- Responsible to interpret documentation, specifications and design documents to define scope/contents in preparation of the estimates.
- Responsible to ensure understanding and consideration to the implications and impact of estimates for contractual terms and conditions.
- Liaises with safety, engineering, QA/QC, project management, field personnel in the development of estimates.
- Coordinates reviews and analyzes estimate packages involving sub-contractors.
- Recommends various pricing models to ensure proposals result in meeting the companies proposed target margin levels and successful award of contracts.
- Interfaces with scheduler in the preparation of project schedules as required.
- Maintains communication with customer Project teams for outage, station and MSA scheduled work.
- Coordinates and works closely with superintendent, general forepersons to align estimates, support resources, station support and ensure communication is maintained at the required levels of the CD and customer organizations.
- Supports site management as required.
- Attend project meetings, project walk downs, interactive planning sessions and project constructability meetings as required.
- 2-5 Years of Construction Experience
- Post Secondary Degree/Diploma
- Experience &/or Education in reviewing construction drawings
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Organized self-starter, detail oriented, proactive individual who takes ownership of the task at hand
- Able to prioritize with the flexibility to manage workload demands and multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in team situations with both internal and external personnel
- Demonstrated ability to work in team situations with multiple priorities
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator – Stoney Creek, ON location
Responsible for the manufacturing of removable insulation blankets based on various patterns. The materials we use are: Teflon cloth, fibreglass cloth, stainless steel and Kevlar thread. 40-hour work week, with weekend work available. Benefit package offered after three months.
- Must be able to follow direction of a pattern and take accurate measurements
- Ability to work individually and as a team
Please forward resumes to email@example.com